LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE.

LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE.

Friday, July 13, 2007

1st Tomato is Ripe Today!

I know it's been way too long since I have reported. But even though I've been lazy, the garden has been busy. Between vacation and hosting visiting relatives I've spent most of my spare in the garden, and not writing about it.

Today I harvested my first tomato of this season. It came from my tiny, but mighty Siletz plant. This plant has the most fruit on it of all eight varities I grew this year. It was delicious and captured all of the thrill and anticipation of watching the miracle of a plant making something for you to eat.

Yellow bush beans are starting to appear. I better get my canning plan together before I am swimming in them.

Everything seems to have survived the 100+ temps on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, so from here on out it should be fast and furious food production.

More soon, and hopefully some picutres.

No comments: