LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE.

LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Crispy Kale


The Kale is coming on strong. I plucked this gorgeous bunch yesterday planning to try something new.

Kale Chips. Yes, I said chips. Crunchy, salty, and very snackable. Oh and just as good for you as dark leafy greens, because that's what they are. What could be better?

My friend Carolyn and I laugh about the list of unlimited items allowed in most diets, which always include kale and friends, but never include chips. Sure, live it up, enjoy all the cabbage, lettuce, celery, kale you want...

I think I first read about this culinary magic on the Yarn Harlot's blog.

This is the recipe I followed. But if you google "kale chips" you'll find many more recipes, and many more devotees of this kitchen trick.

It worked great, they were audibly crunchy, slightly salty, and very satisfying. I will definitely make this recipe again. Thank goodness I have plenty of kale on hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to try this recipe! I love kale, but never thought of this! Thanks.