LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE.

LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Don't Care What Phil Saw Yesterday

After what seemed like an endless and cold January, today it is 56 degrees, and we may get 2 more, yipee. So, of course, I am jumping the gun and putting some seeds in the ground. Well not exactly in the ground, but in dirt, in little pots, inside the mini greenhouse.

So what did I plant? Lettuces, Arugula, Chard, Onions, Rapini, Spinach, and Mustard Greens.

'The hens enjoyed the sun and the dry dirt for scratching.

I still have a few Lettuces and some Parsley and Arugula that survived the snow and are still providing a little sustenance, so I will count this as a year that we had something to eat from the garden all year round. And that's not even counting the eggs provided by the girls. They are still going strong, averaging 2 eggs a day.
I feel lucky.

No comments: